Kings Ransom Hotel Celebrates “Fabulous February” with Special Rates, The Sedona Marathon, Valentine’s Day/President’s Day,
and The Sedona Film Festival!
“Follow Your Own Road” is the theme of this year’s Marathon, Saturday, February 6th. The Sedona Marathon brings in runners from around the country to experience the Red Earth beneath their feet. The marathon, ½ marathon, and 5K all start at 8am in West Sedona, Arizona. Capture the inspiration of the red rock spires, and feel the draw of a Sedona Vortex as you travel through ancient mountains. We guarantee when you run in the red rocks of Sedona, you will never be the same again! Make a reservation at the Kings Ransom Sedona Hotel for this great event and enjoy all the amenities, including our locally popular Elote Cafe Restaurant, a treat for those who enjoy gourmet Mexican fare, with an outstanding margarita! Chef Jeff Smedstadt skillfully creates original, authentic familiar-sounding menu items, with a twist! He strives to use all local and organic foods, with all prepared from scratch in his kitchen. You won’t want to miss at least one night dining in Elote Cafe!
Warm up for your run in our fitness center, have a hearty and wholesome complimentary breakfast in our comfortable dining room with scenic views. We are open early for breakfast and offer the best coffee in town. We will do our best to provide you the kind of breakfast that will fortify and enhance your run…try some oatmeal and yogurt to get the event! Afterwards, enjoy our oversized outdoor spa and relax those muscles while you enjoy the stars at night! If you book our hotel for 3 nights, we will give you the 3rd night at half price… Just ask for the “3 day Sedona Marathon Rate!” when you call for a reservation at (800) 846-6164!
Valentines/President’s Day Weekend
Valentines/President’s Day Weekend: Sunday, February 14th is Valentines Day. Begin a romantic long weekend on Friday, ending Monday, February 15th with President’s Day. Treat Your Valentine to three Romantic Nights in our remodeled hotel…starting with dinner at Elote Cafe! We have put together some romantic specials for you and your honey … check out our romance package, which includes champagne and chocolates! Fine dining at Elote Cafe is a perfect ending to a romantic day…with gourmet fare and margaritas to delight the palate! Along with fabulous food and artful presentation, there is nothing more romantic than holding hands and gazing out at the spectacular views of Sedona from the remodeled second floor dining room or outdoor decks. Make a reservation for February 12, 13, & 14 and we will treat you to the third night at half price! Our rates have never been lower. Just ask for the “3 day Valentine’s Weekend Rate” when you call for a reservation at (800) 846-6164!
Sedona’s Film Festival: The annual film festival begins Feb 21 and continues through February 28th. If you make reservations in our hotel for at least 3 nights of the festival, we will offer the 3rd night at half price. Just ask for the “3 day Film Festival Rate” when you call for a reservation at (800) 846-6164!
16th Annual Sedona International Film Festival
Look forward to Aiden Quinn’s “A Shine of Rainbows”, “The Greatest,” a new film by Susan Sarandon and Pierce Brosnan, an appearance by Oscar-winning documentary director Michael Moore and a series of family friendly movies.
The 16th annual Sedona International Film Festival will bring 140 films to eight screens over seven nights from Feb. 21-28, 2010.
Named the “Fest to Impress” by MovieMaker Magazine, the Festival schedule includes full-length features, shorts, documentaries, animated films, foreign films and student films. Although the full program is still being developed, highlights to date include:
• 140 films in a range of categories on six screens at the Harkins Sedona 6 Theatres and two specially created intimate 100-seat boutique theaters within walking distance;
• Appearances by Oscar-winning documentary director Michael Moore and screening of at least two of his films;
• Turner Classic Movies’ host Robert Osborne returns with three classic films: “The Adventures of Robin Hood” (1938) with Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland; “A Place in the Sun” (1951) with Montgomery Clift, Elizabeth Taylor and Shelley Winters; and “Leave Her to Heaven” (1945) with Gene Tierney, Cornel Wilde and Vincent Price.
• Aiden Quinn’s “A Shine of Rainbows” as the opening-night film.
• New films by Susan Sarandon and Pierce Brosnan (“The Greatest”) and Barry Levinson (“PolliWood”).
• “Another Harvest Moon” featuring an all-star cast of Susan Sarandon, Ernest Borgnine, Piper Laurie, Doris Roberts, Sybil Sheppard and Anne Mira.
• “Waking Sleeping Beauty” a documentary about the inner workings and conflicts at Disney during the Michael Eisner years with an appearance in Sedona by director/producer Don Hahn.
• The screening of “Saving Grace B. Jones” a new film by Connie Stevens, who will be joined in Sedona by Edd Byrnes in a reunion of cast members from the classic TV detective show, “77 Sunset Strip.”
• Up to eight foreign films being submitted for Best Foreign Films for the Academy Awards.
• The Arizona premiere of multiple Grammy-Award-winner musician-songwriter-actor-wine producer and Jerome resident Maynard James Keenan’s “Blood Into Wine.” Keenan also will be on hand during the Festival.
• A “Green Component” featuring workshops on sustainability in filmmaking.
• A series of family friendly movies for moms, dads and their kids to attend, and much more.
Films will be screened at Harkins Theatre, 2081 W. Highway 89A in Sedona, at The Rouge Theatre, above Red’s Restaurant across the street from the Harkins Theatres, and at Studio Live, a specially designed space a half-block from the theatres.
Screenings continue the rest of the week with Osborne’s Classic Series starting Wednesday, Feb. 24, with “The Adventures of Robin Hood.” “A Place in the Sun” will show on Thursday, Feb. 25, and “Leave Her to Heaven” will screen on Friday.
The Sedona International Film Festival Workshop and Panel Discussion will cover a range of subjects with presentations by industry experts, award winners, directors, producers, cinematographers and screenwriters.
Advance-sale packages can be purchased online at www.sedonafilmfestival.com or by calling (928) 282-1177 and discounts are available if ordered before Dec. 31. Advanced-sale packages begin at $90 for members for a 10-ticket package; $190 for members for a 20-ticket package; $285 for members’ Gold Priority Pass and $494 for Platinum All Access Priority Pass. Group discounts also are available.
For additional information, visit www.sedonafilmfestival.com or call (928) 282-1177.
Where: Harkins Sedona Six Theatres and Various Locations, Sedona.
To book your Sedona Hotel Room,
please call 800-846-6164